On January 18th Josh Courage went to Crossfit Works in Tucson and tested the Winter Open WOD# 2.
8 rounds
4 DL 1.2xBw (310#)
10 Burpee Box Jumps (24 inch box)
12 Wall Ball (20#)
So today, i decided to try and beat his time, but with a little more weight, and a bigger box (shut-up Chris). So this was my workout:
8 Rounds
4 DL (315#)
10 Burpee Box Jumps (32 inch box)
12 Wall Ball
The first round was great. But as soon as fatigue settled, the last 5 rounds were the worst! What a freaking bad idea! I dont think the 5 extra pounds made a difference, but the box felt like it got higher and higher each and every round. With Josh looking on and cheering, i felt like i could beat his time. On the 5th round, my back was getting really sore, and my form on the deadlifts got worse and worse. As you will see in the video, due to fatigue, and back pain, i started slowing down on all the exercises by round 4. Just like Josh said, "this straight up just hurt" So in honoring Josh, my name for this wod is "I hate Josh"
Thanks Steph for the camera work.
3 comments:
you can't be surprised about outcome - I mean, working the snatch that much the day before will of course make a box seem bigger the next day...
Hahaha....
"as you can see from the video..." Where's the video????
This rocks! I am honored.
Post a Comment