This is borrowed from a workout buddy.
It basically summarizes most, if not all, Crossfit athletes attitudes about competition.
If you haven't figured it out by now, CF is host to a different breed of athlete, and no where is this more apparent than at CF gatherings, such as this past weekends competition. That CF can be both competitive and supportive at the same time is singularly unique. I cannot think of another activity where your competitors will try like hell to beat your time or your reps, and then turn around and cheer you on once they finish. I cannot think of another venue where members will cheer and support athletes from other gyms with as much fervor as they do their own teammates. Nor can I think of another sport where your judges can also be staunch supporters, cheering you on as they simultaneously require perfection. If anyone can think of any activity which remotely compares to this sort of atmosphere, please let me know. More importantly, if any of you have even considered attending a competition, I urge you to act on it, you won't be sorry. Being sore never felt so good.
Well put, and thanks Chris. Its always an honor to workout with you. And congrats on placing 5th at the games. Here is a video of Chris's accomplishment.
2 comments:
Dude, you make me blush...
In all honesty though, neither I nor my workouts would be the same with out you around constantly pushing and upping the ante. It was a blast to jam with you in Charlottesville - looking forward to Primal!
Post a Comment