Starting Monday, im all about that event. My next olympic meet will be onFebruary 7th in New Jersey.
Part of my team (Capital Barbell Club) was supposed to attend, but my coach had a forearm injury.
I was in the 94kg class. My fist lift was the snatch. I opened the snatch with 75Kg and had a great clean lift. My second attempt was at 80kg and again, had a great clean lift. My third and final attempt was at 85kg. The first pull felt great, put i couldn't stick the the lift at all. I failed at 85kg, and one of the judges gave me a tip that the weight was really light for me, and the reason i didn't finish the lift was because my head was facing down, and thats where the weight went..down! 85kg felt easy but my form was terrible.

I think it would be great to have a lifting coach to walk you through the weights and movements. But all in all, i had a blast. Looking forward to my next meet in February.
Things i need to work on before my next meet:
Keeping head forward (not looking down)
Keep my butt down
Split my feet, not step into the jerk.


4 comments:
Congrats again man - that's a great first time showing. Nice to know the judges are so supportive and into helping out. Looking forward to Charlottesville (where, hopefully, you won't be wearing a singlet...)
don't be jealous cause i know i look hot.
I say, yes to the singlet in Charlottesville and no the shirt under it.
On an equally gay note, awesome job Steve. I could clean and jerk to your snatch all day.
i think im going to leave that one alone.
Post a Comment