1/27/2010

And the events are...

So its late and I can't fall asleep. Have a really early day tomorrow, and I think i'm a little nervous and excited about the events this weekend at the Charlottesville Superfit games. Here are the events:

#1: 1500m Row.
I know I can knock this out in less than 5:30, but my goal will be under 5. I’m not a great rower but 1500m is a good short distance and I know with extra motivation from other athletes, this is going to be great.

#2: 3 minute max Deadlifts at 289#

I love this wod. 289# is really light for me and anything less than 50 reps will be a failure for me.

#3: For time: 50 Burpees, 25 Thrusters (111#), 25 Handstand Pushups
The burpees will be fine, the thrusters are going to be also fine, but the handstand pushups are on of my goats! I think I will fly through the first 2 exercises and work my way through the handstand pushups. This is something I really need to work on! Goal is to finish in less than 9 minutes.

#4: 3 rounds for time: 50 double unders, 30 box jumps (32’), 50 double unders, 15 hang snatches (111#)
So only the top 5 guys get to do this wod. I think if I get a chance to compete at this wod, I would be great at it. With a lot of work, my double unders are a lot better, the box jumps might be a little challenging, but the snatches (which is a favorite lift) will be a piece of cake.

Really looking forward to hanging with the CrossfitDC gang and cheering everyone along.

1 comment:

anywherefit said...

Best of luck, Steve. Sound like a cool event that suits you well. Expect to be there in the last WOD: you should be.