Had a great day at work, great physical therapy, and i was feeling great about my workout. On my way to the gym, i decided that today was going to be a heavy deadlift day. Haven't done a 3 to 5 rep max in a long time, so it was going to be interesting. After a long warmup, here's what my workout looked like:
Deadlift
5 set of 3
315-330-365-385-405-450 (failed on second attempt)
My max deadlift is 480#, and i know i can lift more than 450. I just need to reevaluate my training strategy.
Paired the deadlifts with Strict shoulder press for 3 reps each set, and my strength on that has suffered. I was only able to get 145# and my goal is to get to 185#, i gotta get stronger.
Met con:
100 Pullups for time*
*at the top of every minute perform 3 Deadlifts (225#)
This was harder than i thought. With each deadlift, the pullups got harder and harder. Finished with a respectful time of 8:34. Will tackle this again and aim for a sub 7 time.
Cool Down:
800m 'waiters carry' (carry a weight overhead for 800m)
I used a 40# DB for the workout, and man was this tough. For every time i put the weight down, i had to do 10 pushups. I ended up doing 110 pushups. The funniest thing about this workout, was watching people drive by and walk by giving me the WTF looks. Priceless. Time: 14:30 and really tired!
Hard cardio day tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment