11/11/2009

Thanks Russ

111109

Warm up:

5 min easy rowing to loosen up. Then:

5-10-15-20
BW Squats
GHD Situps
Back Extns
Scorpions

Met Con: Courtesy of Coach Russ Greene from Crossfit Monterey and Evolve Your Fitness.

3 Rounds
10 Deadlifts (315#)
30 Pullups

Round 1:
Deadlifts were pretty easy. I was able to complete the first round with ease. Pullups on the other hand, were a little tough. Did 20 unbroken, and then 2 sets of 5. Time 2:30
Round 2:
Deadlifts started getting a little rough. Did the set of 10 unbroken. Pullups were terrible. I was only able to get 10 unbroken, then 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2!! Time: 5:50
Round 3:
Never thought that 315# would be as hard on this round. Did the first 5, but the next were the worst. Did 2, 2, 2. Pullups got worse! I couldn't even get 10 unbroken. My sets were, 5, 4, 5, 3, 4, 3, 4, 2.
Time: 8:45

Thanks Russ for a great wod. Looking forward to the next one.

Looking forward to tomorrow cause its a day off.
Travelling to Sunnyvale, California and will try and hit 2 affiliates: Crossfit Campbell on Friday and, Crossfit San Francisco on Saturday.

1 comment:

Russ Greene said...

That's a fast time.

I also noticed the pullups really fell apart by the middle to end.

The feeling of doing something moderately heavy and then immediately doing something light and fast is a potent stimulus.