Today was the Trans-Continental Challenge courtesy of Blair Morrison of FitQuest. I had the pleasure of working with Josh Courage of Josh Courage Training.
The Workout:
100 m Farmers Walk (85 lb DBs)
100 Double Under
30 Clean and Jerk (187 lb)
100 Double Under
100 m Farmers Walk (85 lb DBs)
The time to beat was Blair's at 14:23.
Farmers walk was a little awkward the first round. The weight wasn't heavy, but i had to use a different set-up for the weight. The double-unders took a little longer due to lack of rhythm. Got 50 in a row, and had to break down the last 50 into 25, 10, 15. The clean and jerks were really harder than i thought and i wasn't as sharp as i needed to be. The plan was to do 1 at a time, but around the 6th one, my form started to go. I think i ended up doing 35 clean and jerks because i missed 5 of them. I need to concentrate more on each and every clean and jerk. The second set of double-unders were easier than i thought. I was able to do 2 sets of 50 in no time. The last round of the farmers walk were the worst. My forearms and shoulders were on fire, and i had to rest a few seconds every 25m, but with the encouragement from Josh, i was able to pull through.
Time:19:02
I really have no idea how Blair was able to complete the wod in under 15 minutes. But im satisfied with my time. Looking forward to next months challenge.
63 Days to go until the Charlottesville Super Fit Games
No comments:
Post a Comment