4/27/2010

Amanda Miller

Found out this morning that a fellow Crossfitter lost her battle with melanoma. Amanda Miller was only 24 years young. I had the pleasure of meeting Amanda at last years Crossfit competition in Virginia Beach and last years Mid-Atlantic Hopper Challenge. The first thing that anyone noticed at Virginia Beach was her tattoos. The next thing you would notice was he amazing athleticism. She crushed each workout like they were just warmups, and she rocked each of them. i wish i got to know her better. The Crossfit community will definantley miss you.
RIP Amanda. Her blog: Amanda Miller is incredibly heart rending. A line that i still think about is how she competed last year at the games and she's now dying!!

1 comment:

Maiko D. said...

I really couldn't believe she had passed away when I first heard about it. That line you mentioned was very heart wrenching. I didn't know her aside from seeing her at the Regionals last year, but from what I read (other people's accounts, etc) it sounds like she had an amazing attitude even in the midst of her battle. Truly amazing person all around. RIP Amanda.