10/18/2009

D-Day

101709
The Mid-Atlantic Hopper Challenge

What a great day. The first wod was a triplet.
21-15-9
Overhead Squats (95#)
Bastards*
Pushups

*burpee then hop over barbell s one rep and repeat


Time: 9:40

I know i could do this in under 9 minutes but the combo of bastards and pushups took a toll. The ohs were the easiest thing to do.

The second wod was a strength wod.
2 reps max Deadlifts


I pulled 450# and i knew i had at least 30 to 40 more pounds!! A little disappointed at myself about that. My one rep max is 485#, so i really don't know why i just tried 450#!!!!

I was in 13th place going into the last and final wod of the hopper. My goal was to make it into the top 10, and after looking at the other athletes performing the chipper, i knew if i finished under 8 minutes, i would make it to the top 10.

I was in 13th place going into the last and final wod of the hopper. My goal was to make it into the top 10, and after looking at the other athletes performing the chipper, i knew if i finished under 8 minutes, i would make it to the top 10.

Chipper WOD:

For Time:
30 Double Unders
7 Back Squats (135#)
30 GHD Situps
7 Snatches (135#)
30 Wall Balls (20#)
7 Push Jerk (135#)
30 Toes to Bar


Time: 8:33

I only messed up once on the double unders, the back squats, GHD situps, and snatches were a piece of cake. Wall Balls got the best of me. Push Jerks were not bad, but i had to drop the bar twice!!, but the toes to bar were impossible. My forearms were shot. I was going to try and do 10 at a time, but my arms wouldn't cooperate. I was only able to do 5 to 6 at a time and that really killed my time.
After the final tally i finished 21st out of 100 athletes.
I am really pleased with my performance but really disappointed with my deadlifts.
Looking forward to whatever the next competition is.

3 comments:

SaltyHat said...

Nice work man! Wish I had been there to see you rock the workouts. next year. Rest up, and then back to it, harder than ever.

Steph said...

Congrats Steve! Hope you rewarded yourself with the Steve's Special at Five Guys :)

Steve Opiyo's Blog said...

Thanks guys