10/29/2009

Rest Day....Why I Crossfit

I started working-out about 13 years ago, and have been in the fitness industry the past 11 years, and discovered Crossfit in 2007 (2 years ago). I wish i discovered Crossfit earlier, because its the only vehicle that has changed my overall health more than anything I’ve ever done the previous 11 years! Crossfit quickly whipped me into shape. i am able to do things that i never thought that i could ever do!

What is Crossfit? CrossFit is a strength and conditioning fitness methodology. Crossfit's goal is to create "the quintessential athlete", equal parts gymnast, Olympic weightlifter, and sprinter. Crossfit is not sport-specific and promotes broad and general overall physical fitness. Proficiency is required in each of 10 fitness domains: cardiovascular/respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, agility, balance, coordination, and accuracy. CrossFit increases work capacity and speed in these domains by provoking neurological and hormonal adaptations across all metabolic pathways.
So why do i Crossfit? I Crossfit because its fun. Its fun knowing i gave it my all during any and all workouts. Its fun experiencing the thrill of victory. I love the workouts, the competition, and especially the community. Every affiliate that i have ever had the chance to visit, has always treated me like family.

So why do you Crossfit?

No comments: