10/19/2010

Clean/Jerk and Unbroken

Went to visit District Crossfit this afternoon and i really like their layout. Its really what a box should look like.
Looking forward to working with them pretty soon.
Strength: 5 rounds (no time limit)
3 Cleans & 1 Jerk
After a good long warmup, i started my wod with 70k. The cleans were pretty easy until when i got to my last round with 100k. Bar didn't get high enough, but i was able to get down fast enough to complete the clean. I just couldn't jerk 100k as i thought i could. Just didnt have it.
Met con:
"Unbroken" 
3 rounds for time (complete each exercise without breaking the reps)
25 Wall Ball (20#)
25 Pullups
25 Double Unders

This took longer than i liked. The wall ball were easy. The pullups were ugly! The first round of pullups were quick, the second and third took me way to long to finish. Got to 20 on the second round and slipped, so i had to walk away, gather myself, and start the pullups all over again. Didn't get a good rhythm on my double unders until the final round. Total time: an ugly 11:21. I have to finish wod's like this in sub 8 mins. Got a lot of work to do.

3 comments:

JMOvechkin said...

No pic of the gym? Why should I believe it is "what a box is supposed to look like" without proof.

I think the WOD you did called "Unbroken" is plagiarizing a different WOD I did called "Unbroken"

Steve Opiyo's Blog said...

I should have taken a pic. Next time i'm there i will. Actually, Diesel Crossfit in Columbia is actually amazing. cant go wrong with either.

What wod did you do that was "unbroken"?

JMOvechkin said...

I live 5 minutes from Diesel! I ride my bike passed it everyday to work.

I am going to have to dig in the archives of my old training log to get you the "unbroken" WOD I did. I will get back to you.