Warm Up:
3 rounds (no time limit)
20 Double Unders
10 Toes to Bar
Strength:
Deadlifts and Strict Shoulder Press
5x3
Numbers were:
Deadlifts
315#, 335#, 365#, 385#, fail at 405# !!!!!!
Press (used thick bar)
105#, 115#, 130#, 135#, fail at 140#
Don't know whats going on, but i'm getting weaker and weaker. I've lost so much strength since my knee injury. Feels like i'm starting all over again. My 1 rep max on deadlifts at the begining of the year was 475# and today 405# felt way too heavy. I'm hopping that it was just a rough lifting day.
Met Con: "Cheetah Hunt" Courtecy of Crossfit Old Town
With a 4 minute clock, run 400m with the remaining time perform max reps of box jumps, rest 2 minutes.400m run, max reps GHD Situps, rest 2 minutes
400m run, max reps KBSHP (32k) rest 2 minutes
400m run, max reps Burpees
Original wod had pullups, but i did enough yesterday.
Runs got harder as they progressed.
My numbers:
50 Box Jumps
25 GHD
38 SHP
28 Burpees.
2 comments:
Mind over Matter, right Steve?
David
STEVE! Don't sweat the deadlift man. When my knee was effed up, I would subconsciously avoid using it as much as I should on my pull. This screwed up everything and made it harder then it was. I don't remember what your feet placement is like but if it is shoulder width or wider try bringing your heels in, toes out and force your knees out at the bottom, it helped me. When you have long ass monkey arms like you and I do, I found it easier to get tighter with this stance and take some pressure off the knee. Also, you might want to try this pre-pull ritual:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFNd9wrEVjE
Post a Comment