10/22/2010

Squats

After a much needed day of rest, today was a tough workout.
Haven't attempted squating heavy due to my knee.
Strength:
Back Squat 5x3
I was able to work up to 245# with no pain at all. Still light, but big progress on the knee.
Met Con:
For time:
"Grace" 30 Clean & Jerk (135#)
"J-Lo" 30 Deadlifts (275#)
"Pamela" 30 Bench Press (185#)

This was really rough. Grace took about 2 minutes, deadlifts took almost 5 minutes due to poor form and a tight back. And bench presses were just freaking ugly. Video says it all:



Final time was 18:30

2 comments:

Maiko D. said...

LOL those workout names!!!

JMOvechkin said...

First and foremost, eat something, you look like a long distance runner, ohhhhhhhhh BURNNNN.

Second, sweet kicks son

I had two critiques which you corrected halfway through each workout. First I was going to advise to take the Oly shoes off when you deadlift, I find that it makes it more difficult for tall people. Then I was going to advise you to wrap your thumb around the bar on the bench press, especially when you are fatigued and sweaty. The bar could easily slip out and pull a Roadhouse on your trachea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E4GEUkgq1U

But, like I said, you took my advice halfway through each workout and BEASTED!!!