Its Saturday and time for the games. After checking in, we had the local Boy Scouts Color Guard present the colors, and the movement guidelines were announced.
For the first event, i knew that the "L sits" would be a struggle for me. Not really strong in that position, so i was shooting for 15 seconds. Only got 13. Holding the ball for the pullups was actually harder than i thought. Kipping made it a lot harder to keep the ball in between my legs. I think i got 5 pullups and failed at the next 2 attempts when the ball finally fell off. Finished the set with 13 regular pullups. The overhead squats were next and the number i had in my head was to get 15 reps. Shoulders and triceps were on fire and the weight started to feel heavy after 10 reps. I knew i could have done maybe another 5 reps, but my shoulders gave out after 12 reps. The row was just painful. Nothing else could explain how painful the row felt. I was shooting for a sub 1:30 but, my legs got soooo sore, that my final time was 1:36. The transition from the overheads to the row was just miserable.
And then........i started feeling really sick. Body was aching and not from soreness at all. Just was not feeling like myself. I had over 2 hours before my next event, so went back to the hotel room to shower and take a nap. Felt worse after the nap. I could't breath, my body was in pain, and i just couldn't figure out what was wrong.
Took some medication, had lunch, and decided to tough it out on the next workout. How bad could 7 minutes be? Really bad!!!!
Finished the 2nd event in 3:15 and that was the 17th fastest time. Not bad for being under the weather. But that did me in. Felt worse, and i really had no energy left in me. Talked to the organizers and had to give them the bad news. I couldn't go on! I was in the top 15 after the 2nd event and i couldn't believe that i was sick. Felt so defeated that i just wanted to go home. What a long and lonely ride.
Can't wait until next years games.
2 comments:
Damn Steve,
I still give you props for attempting to go on. That's true warrior status there-let me guess, I bet you were a defensive back in football? Most of them are warriors!!! Great job though!
STEVE way to go man. I looked at the results on the website and saw that you hadn't finished the WOD's, this concerned me. I also apologize that I could not attend. Had to waste 5 hours of my life taking that Level 1 exam. Can I buy you a cookie to make it up to you?
I can't believe Todd and Dan finished in the same places as last year! They are beasts!!
Post a Comment