3/21/2010

Frustration

Missed class this morning, so my plan was to go to gym later in the afternoon. I was planning on working on a heavy lift and a quick met con, followed by a little skill work. i wanted to work on heavy clean and jerk, but i was only able to get 110kg before my knee felt anything. I was tempted to try 120 but i chickened out. My metcon is where the frustration came.
Starting with 3 burpees do:
with 100#
20 Thrusters
20 SDHP
20 Push Press
20 Overhead Squats
20 Front squats
everytime the bar rested on the ground, i had to do 5 burpees.
Didnt drop/rest the bar until the push press. My knee felt a little pain so i need to rest, but had to do 5 burpees. I ended up resting the bar mainly on the push press and the overhead squats. The bar rested 5 times with those two parts, and my knee felt great on the other lifts. I know i can do this workout without dropping the bar in less than 7 minutes, but today wasn't one of those days. Took me over 8 minutes to complete this workout. Lack of proper fueling and enough sleep is whats really frustrating. I couldn't even do my planned skill work. Gotta fuel well and get enough rest this week for a great week coming up. This weeks schedule:
Monday: Strength: Front Squats
 Met con: DL and Pullups
 Skill: Hand Stand Pushups
Tuesday: Cardio Day
Wednesday: Massage
Thursday and Friday: OFF.

No comments: