Handstand push-ups are one of my many fitness goats. Really hate handstands, but the only way to get better at them, is just to work at it.
WOD is courtesy of my friends from Crossfit Santa Cruz.
For time:
15 Handstand Pushups
30 Pullups
12 HSP
24 Pullups
9 HSP
18 Pullups
6 HSP
12 Pullups
3 HSP
6 Pullups
Did the first 10 handstands unbroken and was really excited. But my momentum quickly died after that. It took me over 8 minutes to finish the next 5. The pullups were pretty easy, just the handstand were tougher than i ever thought and they just got harder as the rounds progressed. The second round of 12 just hurt. Wrist hurt, shoulders were sore, and ego was bruised. I started to do 3 handstand at a time until i just couldn't do anymore, and just did singles. I just had to accept that my time was going to be terrible. I just really wanted the wod to be over! Final time 39:39....really ugly!
No comments:
Post a Comment