3/11/2009

Training Day 22

Day Off. Reflection time....

I saw a question on a Crossfit Journal entry from 2004:

If limited to only 5 exercises for your lifetime, what would you pick?


I think i would go with

Burpees-they just speak for themselves. I don't know what it is about them, but for some reason, i really like burpees.
Bear Complex- one of the best total body exercises that i have ever done, and discovered from going to Crossfit and working with coach Brose.
Pullups-- i guess they also just speak for themselves. I used to think doing kipping pullups was cheating, but its the same load and power output, using momentum. They are actually harder than i thought.
Deadlifts-- great lower body strength
Squats (all variations)--back, front, and overhead. Never did an overhead squat until Crossfit. Thanks again to coach Brose. Love, i mean really love squats.

So what are your favorite 5?

2 comments:

Steph said...

My top five would be:
1. Big surprise: Double Unders :)
2. Box jumps
3. Steve O's Med Ball Cleans into a Wall Ball
4. Deadlifts
5. Sit-ups

SaltyHat said...

yea, so, home-girl stole some of my ideas - go figure.

However, despite the thievery, my top five exercises would be as follows:

1. Sprints - short burst intervals = love 'em. Done on the sand, they might be some of the most taxing things I've ever done. Even two or three leave you gasping, and not much will do that;

2. Med Ball Cleans into Wall Balls - I like wall balls, but this combination is one of the best ever (possibly combined with ball slams, and that might be my top exercise ever);

3. Tuck Jumps (over Hurdles) - similarly, I dig box jumps;

4. Squats - As a wise man once said (in this very post I believe), I love em all: Front, Back, Overhead, Squat-Cleans, Tabata, Pistol, and on and on and on; and,

5. Bears and/or Renegade Manmakers - I love the fact that each of these exercises takes combines multiple movements into a total @$$-kickers. T. Brose also recently introduced me to an even better version of the manmakers utilizing two strict presses isolating each arm, mirroring the rows.

So if I was stuck on a deserted island somewhere with only a pair of dumbbells and a medicine ball, I would be set for life.