12/15/2009

Crossfit Community Workout

Josh Courage is doing a project and writing about Crossfit as a community in the greater Washington DC area. Today he stopped and worked out with us at CrossfitDC.

Warm up:
2 rounds:
5 Dive bomber pushups
10 BW squats

Strength wod:
3x3 Shoulder Press
We (Tom A, Chris, Josh, and I) warmed up with 95# before we started the strength part of the workout. Tom looked really strong, while the rest of us struggled i think at 155#. Steph, Miako and Sara are on the video and i dont remember what their weights were...sorry.
Met Con:
3 Rounds:
350m Row
12 Clapburpees (burpee with a clapping pushup)
(i accidentally deleted the video, but this video is courtesy of Josh Courage Training.)



Man was this wod rough. My legs were fries from yesterday's workout. The first row felt good, i think i did it under 1:10. The first round of clap-burpees were not that bad. I think i did an extra 3 because i lost track of how many i did. The second 350m row was tough. My legs were really sore, so my upperbody was doing most of the work on the row. The 2nd round of clap-burpees were just a blur. My legs, chest, shoulders and back were done! The last 350m row i really tried to concentrate on my form but to no success. Felt like my arms did majority of the work, and my legs were just moving. I really dont remember the last round of the clap-burpees. But boy was i happy that i was done.






Rest day tomorrow

1 comment:

SaltyHat said...

I concur, that was rough - while the rest of the CFDC class did a variation with 30 box jumps instead of rowing, I did the Rx version with Dan. Dan matched Josh at 6:52, and I barely eked out a 6:54. Steph's got a great video of me falling on my face on the third burpee of the third round - could neither clap my hands nor get them back under me in time. Sweet.